Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sanibonani!

Although I've been in Swaziland for a couple of days, I'm still processing the fact that I am actually here. So until I can really vocalize all that is going on (so many wonderful things!) here are some pictures to pique your interest.  Also, please ignore any technical glitches. I have no idea what's going on here...












This is the view from the hostel at our training facilities. The photo doesn't really do the landscape justice. The colors are a fabulous blend of browns and greens mixed with a reddish-orange sand. We're just outside of Manzini, and the center is definitely keeping us in a temporary bubble before we move out to where our PST host families live.




All geared-up and ready to learn Siswati and begin medical orientation. My favorite thing to say as of right now is "Sanibonani bobabe" which roughly means "hello gentlemen". It just so nicely rolls off of the tongue. We started language training today, and as part of that training we'll be moving into to host families soon. SO excited for that. Yesterday we learned how to filter water safely (nothing like a few drops of bleach to brighten your day), and we're receiving our medical kits tomorrow.
The airport in Manzini! it was the most amazing feeling to finally in Swaziland after twenty-fourish hours of traveling :)
Another view from the training center.





2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Pam it looks great! And Sanibonani bobabe sounds like so much fun to say :) Keep posting- I've got you bookmarked!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that's the same hostel Seagull and I were looking at... :p

    ReplyDelete