Monday, June 24, 2013

Passing on Pieces of Peace

Well friends I have about two more weeks left of my Peace Corps service. It's hard to believe this journey is coming to an end. But, this post isn't meant for me to blubber on about my time as a Peace Corps volunteer, but rather I am excited to announce that I am going to pass on my beloved 'outside the 603' to one of my dearest and oldest friends, Pam.

Pam leaves tomorrow to join the Peace Corps. I won't tell you where she is headed, that is for her to share. (Although, I will say it is not Moldova). Her stories are going to be wildly different from the stories I shared but I am quite certain that we will realize there are quite a lot of similarities.

I am excited to read about her Peace Corps experience. I am excited to read about her interpretation of service. I am also really excited about the fact that in a small way I will continue to stay connected to the Peace Corps world through her.

Pam is no stranger to being abroad, having spent a year of high school studying in Germany. To say this girl is kick-ass is a major understatement. Not only this, but she is one of the funniest people I know, whenever I am with her we always have big stupid grins on our faces and still giggle as if we were toddlers stealing cookies before dinner.

I will continue to post until I 'return to the 603', but after that it's all Pam. Handing over my silly little blog makes it feel slightly more special, and I hope that all my family and friends continue to read because the stories that Pam will have to share will be truly extraordinary. To Pam's family and friends, I hope you enjoy reading about her life as much as I will. (No pressure, Pammy!)

And, maybe in two years when Pam begins to wrap-up her service she will be able to hand-off the blog again to keep Pieces of Peace alive.

Sending peace and love to you, my dear Pammy, as you embark tomorrow on a journey that I can promise will change your life forever.

Peace to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment