Friday, November 11, 2011

First Snow In A New Place

The first snow of the season carry's with it a bit of magic.

It's the first sign of winter, the first sign of tea and snuggling under a quilt season, the first sign that I should probably put away my sandals. It's also too early to be annoyed by the snow, too early to be put-off by the white stuff, too early to be mad at the seemingly never-ending darkness of winter.

And so, when I exited my house in Nisporeni and saw the perfect delicate little flakes falling down from an overcast sky I took in a deep breath and smiled up at the winter gods. I recently switched sites due to a number of reasons, but I have quickly fallen in love with my new town. My walk to work got a little longer, but it gives me a chance to see a good bit of town everyday as I hike down the hill to work, and back up the hill at days end. Today, on my walk, a few cars stopped asking if I would like a ride. A courtesy I would usually accept, today, I choose to pass on and instead walk in the brisk morning air, breathing in the coming of winter and watching the flittering snow flakes cascade down upon my new home.

It wasn't a long walk this morning, my thoughts buzzing about my future in this new town. The snow might not accumulate from this little wintery shower, but I know it's coming.

And this year, I choose to love the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment