Sunday, September 8, 2013

For everyone who thinks my life is somehow more exciting than yours...


Here's some things that I can't suppress from sharing because I feel I deserve some sort of bragging rights:
1. I treated myself to some non-stick cooking pans, and sweet crumbly muffins, they work like a dream. If ever you need something to brighten your day, I guarantee a non-stick pan will do the trick.

2. The sink outside my house for laundry has a built in washboard. Now I am actually looking forward to doing my laundry... In fact, on Sunday I had to tell myself to stop! I kept going back and looking for new things to wash. I know for the fact that I am the envy of many other PCVs because of this. But how can you resist when your clothes look and feel so clean--and for the first time in months!
3. I made the most bomb tomato sauce the other night with dinner. Huzzah. Then I even went and made salsa to have alongside the homemade tortillas I had for lunch. Yup... that's right.
In all seriousness, these things genuinely made my day. Along with having really awesome conversations where I dabble into my siswati.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! So I just realized when I copied things over, it left a really bright white background. I'll try to fix it after work! Hope things are still going well and you're settling in! I'm excited to come try your tomato sauce!!

    ReplyDelete