Thursday, May 26, 2011

Viva Las Chisinau

Graduation has come and gone, undergraduate life is over, and now begins the next chapter. Graduation itself was rather hectic and chaotic but when more than 2000 people graduate, what can you expect. The sea of black caps and gowns was overwhelming knowing 140+ years of this tradition had preceded me.  Packing up my room for the last time was bizarre, this place was my home for four years, taking the picture off the wall I got reminders of the memorable moments that spanned across my years at UNH. The friends I have made, lessons I have learned, and the dreams I have of my future that propel me confidently into my post-undergrad life.

This is the first "outside-the-603" post, in sunny Las Vegas. Dad and I have spent the past few days hanging at the pool, shopping at the gigantic malls and enjoying the absence of rain. Tonight we went on a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, it was epic. It made me realize just how huge this country is, and continued to remind me just how much there is, outside the 603.

Just over a week until I leave for Moldova. The excitement of talking about is becoming overshadowed by my nerves in knowing this is all really happening. And so, here I sit on my fancy-pants bed in this Las Vegas high-rise hotel, being able to count down (...on my fingers) the number of days before my life gets shifted from New Hampshire to Moldova. For now, I will enjoy my family and friends, and prepare for the big bon voyage.

Until next time --
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment